Miss World 2010 Contestant - MISS TRINIDAD & TOBAGO WORLD 2010 - Davia Chambers's Photos & Profile/Biography

PERSONAL PARTICULARS


Birth Name: Davia Chambers
Birth Date: (18 age)
Birth Place: Couva
Height: 5'9"(1.75m)
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Language: English & French
Title(s):
Major Competition(s):Miss World 2010


BIOGRAPHY:

Davia has the distinction of being the youngest representative from Trinidad and Tobago to Miss World and is presently employed as a television news anchor and a journalist. Davia enjoys working with and mentoring young people. Personal motto: ‘The greatest blessing comes to the one who freely gives and expects nothing in return.

INTERVIEW

Favourite Music / Books ?
I am partial to R&B and pop. Of course I love Calypso and Soca music, which many people around the world might not have had the good fortune to hear. These are the indigenous musical art forms of Trinidad and Tobago and the expressions of our people. The rhythm of Soca music is infectious and upbeat and is usually prevalent during the Carnival season preceding Lent and Calypso is a commentary on the society of Trinidad and Tobago cleverly disguised by double entendre and crafty lyrics. I read as often as I can. The written word has had a significant impact on my development. I enjoy reading about other people’s lives (biographies) and I especially enjoy self help books, my personal favourite being ‘7 Steps to Better Living’.


What is the proudest moment of your life or most memorable day?
When I was very young, I told my mother that at 18, I would represent Trinidad and Tobago at Miss World. This is a dream I have nurtured and protected all my life, carefully working towards its realization. When the opportunity to be part of my National contest presented itself, I knew that all of my hard work, sacrifice and dedication were about to pay off. Although there were 14 other contestants, I was able to keep my focus and composure. The moment that I was called as the winner would therefore have to be the proudest moment of my life (so far), because it represents for me and for others, the simple truth that in order to succeed, one has to work hard and be committed.


Describe yourself
Although I am very young, I possess a maturity which belies my age. I am goal oriented and driven. I am compassionate and humble and I am, by nature, very warm and friendly (most people from Tobago are). I love my country and I am very proud of the fact that I am the youngest representative ever to Miss World from Trinidad and Tobago. It shows, especially in these times, that the youth of the world have a lot to contribute, not all of it negative. I would like to believe that I am a role model and an exemplar to others and living proof of the ability of the human spirit to rise above adversity and triumph in the face of extreme challenges (both of my grandparents passed away two days before my national contest).


Favourite food ?
Trinidad and Tobago is world renowned for its exotic cuisine. In Tobago, in particular, we love food - cooking is an art form on the island. Food is so much a part of who we are as a people and whenever we have a celebration or a gathering of friends and family, there is always an abundance of food. Visitors come from all around the world to experience our cooking and they are never disappointed. My favourite food is curried crab with dumplings which is as delicious as it sounds - it is a savoury dish in which the crab is stewed with curry and coconut milk and served over flat flour dumplings.


Do you have any pets ?
This question should be reversed because we do have three cats, but they adopted us. Initially we assumed that they were feral when they showed up in our yard unannounced but they were friendly and tame and they endeared themselves to us. We actually now consider them to be part of our extended family and not really pets. They are very independent and free spirited but also very loving and loyal, which are qualities I admire and look for in friends - so they are actually my friends and not my pets.


Future ambitions ?
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek." Mario Andretti - race car driver. I always keep this quotation at the back of my head because it reminds me that there is still so much that I want to do with my life. Following my year as Miss T&T World, I want to complete my Masters Degree in Journalism. I want to become a reporter and a serious journalist and use my talents to address the plight of the poor, down trodden, abused and voiceless around the world. As a pet project, I would also like to launch my own lifestyle magazine dedicated to all things Caribbean (fashion, food, travel and living, business and politics).


Special Talents ?
I dance. Dancing is such a pure expression of humanity and compassion. A really good dancer can move someone to tears. Dancing is about movement and lines and feeling and form. I practice folk and ethnic dance but would love the opportunity to learn ballet. I am a huge fan of Michael Flatley and would relish the opportunity to watch him dance on stage, in person.


Tell us a little something about your Country ?
Mesmerizing beaches, first class diving, a Carnival unlike any other, lush, verdant rain forests and people who are warm and friendly are just part of what Trinidad and Tobago has to offer. A shared history, music, culture, art and fashion unique to Trinidad and Tobago, unite the colours and ethnicities which make up this twin island paradise.



PHOTO GALLERY





source: (Thank you and credits to
http://ocean-blu.blogspot.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.